Users in the US now suffer from serious malware program supposedly originated by the Ice Cyber Crime Center. This virus is referred to the category of ransomware applications. It locks the system and asks for the ransom to be paid by user to unlock it. User would not be able to do anything with the infected computer. Instead of the common desktop theme he/she would encounter the picture with the scary warning and faulty accusations. The above-mentioned ransomware tells that the PC was supervised by the police and that illegal activities were revealed on such particular computer.
As you see, the virus program accuses people of performing many illegal activities classified as crimes. In particular, the virus says that users were noticed to watch, spread and promote illegal content over the Internet, distribute spam messages on the regular basis and even support terrorist activities. We are confident that this has never been the case with you, so these accusations of ransomware virus are totally fabricated and far away from the truth. The virus instructs you to effect the payment for the ransom to unlock the computer by means of GreenDot MoneyPak payment system by indicating the respective voucher or PIN code. Please be wise not to make the serious mistake of doing what the virus instructs you to do. There is no guarantee that donating the “ransom” amount would actually unlock the computer. Thus, wasting your funds like that is the serious mistake on the part of deceived and tricked users. Please carefully follow the removal steps described below to get rid of the above-mentioned ransomware virus that locked your computer.
Ransomware removal guide:
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting (before Windows starts booting).
- Select Safe mode with networking as seen from the screenshot below.
- Press Start and select Run. Alternatively, you may press Win+R hotkey command on your keyboard.
- In the empty field type msconfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again into normal mode.
- Scan your system with http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover to identify file and delete it.
Important! Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. If this is the case, please do following:
- Restart your PC normally.
- Click Start and go to Run.
- Enter http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab hotkey command once and keep entering the string blindly, then press Enter.
- Press Alt+Tab and then R (letter) several times. After you succeed to download, install and run Loaris Trojan Remover the process of An Garda Siochana ransowmare should be killed.