There’s a new version of ransomware that locks many PCs in the UK today. It uses the name and the logo of Cheshire Police Authority, the decent law enforcement body of Great Britain. Well, for this reason some users tend to speak of Cheshire Police Authority as a virus. However, this is a serious mistake, of course. We believe that Cheshire Police Authority virus is one of very severe, even though it is not associated with this agency at all.
Cheshire Police Authority virus comes to computers unexpectedly, out of the blue. This happens due to the presence of some serious Trojan horses that make it possible for the malware to enter the computer. When this happens, the entire system becomes totally blocked, leaving no other choice for user but to reboot the PC using the hard reset button. Well, no matter how many times this is done, the same locked status actually remains. The fake Cheshire Police Authority warning accuses users of performing various crimes online through their locked computers. For example, the scary warning says that users were downloading illegal software, audio and video files. Of course, this is not true. The warning that you see depicted at the screenshot is the one that was developed by the pack of cyber hackers who want to gain possession over the part of your money. Whereas there’s no guarantee from hackers that the system will be unlocked.
Ignoring the fake alerts of Cheshire Police Authority scam is what you should do initially. Don’t pay any money in favor of hackers through Ukash or Paysafecard payment systems. Instead, please follow the ransomware removal guide you see below.
Ransomware removal guide:
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting (before Windows starts booting).
- Select Safe mode with networking as seen from the screenshot below.
- Press Start and select Run. Alternatively, you may press Win+R hotkey command on your keyboard.
- In the empty field type msconfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again into normal mode.
- Scan your system with http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover to identify file and delete it.
Important! Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. If this is the case, please do following:
- Restart your PC normally.
- Click Start and go to Run.
- Enter http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab hotkey command once and keep entering the string blindly, then press Enter.
- Press Alt+Tab and then R (letter) several times. After you succeed to download, install and run Loaris Trojan Remover the process of An Garda Siochana ransowmare should be killed.