There is a new ransomware program that we’ve discovered recently. It uses the name and the logo of ICE Cyber Crimes Center. It also gives a scary warning in front of user’s computer that condemns user of performing various crimes through their computers. Then the malware prompts users to pay the fine (supposedly in favor of the US government) in order to release the blocked PC from the bondage. Well, this is a typical scam developed by the team of cyber hackers and online frauds who want to gain possession with the part of your money by means of trickery and fraud. Hopefully, after reading this article you will have a clear picture of what ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus really is. And, of course, please share this information among your friends and colleagues lest they fall into this trap.
ICE Cyber Crimes Center virus belongs to the Reveton-type of infection. It locks the computer, however, it allows users to perform certain operations via Safe mode with networking and safe mode with command prompt. Nevertheless, the point is that normal reboot of the computer doesn’t give any positive results. The same locked status of your system actually remains. What you should do first of all is ignore the bunch of scary accusations associated with ICE Cyber Crimes Center scareware. Please do not pay any funds in favor of the crooks through indication of GreenDot MoneyPak payment codes. Finally, please follow the malware removal guidelines that we’ve developed to assist you in virus removal.
Ransomware removal guide:
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting (before Windows starts booting).
- Select Safe mode with networking as seen from the screenshot below.
- Press Start and select Run. Alternatively, you may press Win+R hotkey command on your keyboard.
- In the empty field type msconfig.
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again into normal mode.
- Scan your system with http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover to identify file and delete it.
Important! Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. If this is the case, please do following:
- Restart your PC normally.
- Click Start and go to Run.
- Enter http://loaris.com/download.php?trojanremover If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab hotkey command once and keep entering the string blindly, then press Enter.
- Press Alt+Tab and then R (letter) several times. After you succeed to download, install and run Loaris Trojan Remover the process of An Garda Siochana ransowmare should be killed.